[issue225] Download from Windows

Sebastian Setzer at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Tue Oct 10 11:01:27 PDT 2006

New submission from Sebastian Setzer <Sebastian.Setzer.ext at Siemens.com>:

Hi,
my Debian machine has no internet connection. To install new packages, I get
them from other PCs (for example in an internet cafe) with an usb memory. These
PCs are Windows-PCs.

Does smart support something like "apt-get --print-uris"?

Of course, it would be best if I could
- on the Debian machine, put this onto the usb-memory:
  - a list of installed packages
  - a list of packages which are available on CDs, ... (Packages.gz)
- on the Windows-PC
  - run the (smart-) GUI, select what to install, ...
    smart downloads the needed files (only if they are not available on CDs)
- on the Debian machine
  - smart installs everything I selected in the GUI on the WIndows-PC

Sebastian

messages: 765
nosy: sebastian
priority: wish