[issue228] Perform upgrade with an exclusion list

Lyndon Washington at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Mon Oct 16 07:31:30 PDT 2006

New submission from Lyndon Washington <labix-gmailnohack at sneakemail.com>:

When performing a 'smart upgrade', sometimes it would be easier to state the
packages that I do not want to be upgraded for this invocation without going
through the steps of applying a lock.

My example is that sometimes certain parts of amarok are updated but causes
amarok-helix to become invalid and flagged for removal.  I would like to invoke
smart in the following way:
smart upgrade --except 'amarok*'

This should attempt to perform an upgrade for all packages that do not start
with 'amarok'.  Right now I have to perform an upgrade stating all the packages
explicitly and leave out the amarok ones.

messages: 779
nosy: hoshposh
priority: feature
project: smart
status: unread
title: Perform upgrade with an exclusion list