Show only upgrades with command line

Rick Friedman rickfriedman at verizon.net
Thu Oct 19 09:35:09 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 12:16 -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Michal Hlavac <hlavki at hlavki.eu> [10-19-06 11:48]:
> >
> > How can I list only upgradable packages in command line??
> > Somethink similar than Hide non upgrades in gui...
> >

> :~ smart upgrade

Actually, that will start the upgrade process. Of course, it pauses to
display the upgradeable packages and ask if you want to proceed.

I think the OP wants something more along the lines of:

~$ smart upgrade --urls

This will simply list the packages (along with their urls) that are
available to be upgraded.

Rick
--
Rick's Law: What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.
PGP Key Id: 9E1125E0