[issue160] smart will not run on fc5 with 256Mb memory.

David Farning at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Sat Oct 28 21:09:29 PDT 2006

David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> added the comment:

I just tried to reproduce this bug on a fc5 vm that was set a 265M memory and
512 swap.

It took a couple of hours (on a 2.8GHz cpu) and peaked out at 351M of swap used.

Smart could handle the standard fc5 repos in under a minute with no swap used.
  As soon as I added either rpmforge or atrpms. The swap started getting hit badly.

I'll try again tomarrow on a fv5 vm with 512M of memory.

This is not specificly related to either fc5 or 256M or memory.  It can probably
be rolled into a general smart needs to reduce it's memory footprint bug.

Dave

nosy: +dfarning