Q: Installing multiple packages provided by a list -- howto?

Andreas Kemper kem at comnets.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Oct 7 15:58:24 PDT 2006

Hi,

Maybe this is a very simple and/or stupid question, but at least I haven't
found any good answer to this problem.

I would like to use smart to perform an update of some ten SuSE 10.1 machines,
currently just with minimal package selection from autoyast. In the following
all of them should get the same package as installed on one master host and
queried with "rpm -qa > package.list".

Unfortunately, I can't use something like "smart ./package.list" for this
purpose nor I guess that I can provide >1000 command line arguments for all
the packages.

Hence, is there an "elegant" solution to this??

Andreas