error: mismatched tag: line 11, column 2

Christoph Thiel cthiel at suse.de
Wed Oct 4 12:03:03 PDT 2006

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> I am getting many errors:
>
> error: Invalid XML file:
> error: /var/lib/smart/channels/opensuse:tools%%http:__software.opensuse.org_download_openSUSE%3A_Tools_SUSE_Linux_10.1_repodata_repomd.xml
> error: /http://software.opensuse.org/download/openSUSE%3A/Tools/SUSE_Linux_10.1/repodata/repomd.xml
> error:   mismatched tag: line 11, column 2
>
> from many different channels, which repeat until I delete the five
> entries in /var/lib/smart/channels for that particular channel.
>
> SUSE 10.1 x86_64 SMP
> 2.6.18-rc5-1.1-default
> smart-0.42-50.1 at x86_64
>

> channel entry for above error:
> [opensuse:tools]
> type = rpm-md
> baseurl = http://software.opensuse.org/download/openSUSE%3A/Tools/SUSE_Linux_10.1/

You are most likely hitting a bug somewhere in the software.opensuse.org
redirector and/or apache problem on that system. Could you please check
the contents of the corrupt channel files in /var/lib/smart/channels/* and
report back? That would make tracking and fixing much easier ;)

Regards
	Christoph