Non-interactive smart

Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) netmask at webset.net
Thu Oct 5 07:13:50 PDT 2006

Em Qui, 2006-10-05 às 15:08 +0200, Andreas Bach Aaen escreveu:

> However I have found that yum have an option -y that makes it non-interactive,
> and hence usable for scripting. I haven't been ablt to find a similar option
> for smart - is this true?

It does exist. The commands 'install', 'remove' and 'upgrade' all have
'-y'.

> install the needed keys on advance, so this step is skipped, and I still
> check the signatures of the individual rpms?

You can either import the keys into txt files, or dump the keys from
your main server's rpm database. Sorry, but I don't know the commands
for either of them. :(

> Output from udev-085-30.10 at i586:
>                                                                     warning:
> group tty does not exist - using root

Some other package should have been installed first in order to create
the tty group. It's more like a packaging or distribution bootstraping
issue than something related to smart.

> For me to seen does this mean that you are using the rpm command and the
> password/group file from the surrounding filesystem (/) and not the new one
> (/tmp/newroot).

Well, you asked a chroot operation.

> environment (to /tmp/newroot) then it's possible to create e.g. a Suse
> rootfilesystem on a Fedora system or the other way arround. Maybe even

AFAIK, even the Suse guys bootstrap a chrooted filesystem by forcing the
installation of some relevant packages before running rpm itself to
install the rest (issue checked by using OpenSUSE BuildService).

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net <> Maceio/AL/BR