Documenting APIs?

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 00:21:54 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 07:01 +0100, Keith Roberts wrote:
> Hi David. I was wondering what method you are using to
> create the documentation. Are you using some type of
> document generator, or are you doing it all by hand?
>
> Regards
>
> Keith
I have the experience with doxygen http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/
which I think is is getting pretty good.  The documentation is inserted
into the code as comments which the doxygen parser pulls out.  Some are
opposed to inline documentation because in increase the size of the code
base.

I'll follow up on this thread later with a patch that sets up smart for
doxygen parsing so you all can see what the resulting documentation
looks like.

Dave