Old gpg Problem

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Wed Sep 27 02:47:59 PDT 2006

On Sep 26, 2006, at 10:46 PM, Brian wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 05:25:10AM -0400, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 26, 2006, at 2:11 AM, Brian wrote:
>>

>>> Suse 10.0 system
>>> kernel 2.6.17.9
>>>
>>> I am still stuck in no mans land and not sure how to proceed. Can
>>> anyone
>>> steer me past this problem ?
>>>

>> What version of rpm?
>
> Trigger:/home/hoppy # rpm -q rpm
> rpm-4.1.1-222
> Trigger:/home/hoppy #

Ah, that explains. Only certain well-formed pubkeys are supported
in rpm-4.1.1. Pascal's pubkey has multiple userid's and signature's
that is sure to confuse the parser in rpm-4.1.1.

Either upgrade rpm, or use gpg to edit the pubkey to remove tags
that are confusing rpm-4.1.1.

> Trigger:/home/hoppy # apt install rpm
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> rpm is already the newest version.
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 278 not upgraded

The issue of "newest" you will have to take up with SuSE.

73 de Jeff