GPG-pubkeys

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Sat Sep 9 01:08:45 PDT 2006

Further to the earlier thread, "F**** annoying unavailable keys", but on
a slightly different tack, is there a way to make smart to simply
*accept* an offered gpg-key when smart is upgrading a package rather
than have it sit like a shag on a rock waiting for me (for example) to
click on YES so that smart can continue with the download of the package?

Today smart was upgrading. I left the room and came back some time later
expecting all the upgrading to be completed. But no, smart was sitting
there waiting for someone to accept (click on YES) the gpg-key which was
associated with the package.

If a package is being downloaded from a normal source of your OS's
package, why go through this 'sham' of deciding whether or not to accept
the key? Who would reject it anyway?

In my case, the delay in not having smart complete the upgrades while I
was absent from the room was fairly short but for someone who leaves
smart to run overnight and expecting to have the system upgraded by the
morning will be more than just a bit annoyed to see smart sitting,
possibly for most of the night, waiting for a simple mouse click.

If this matter has already been raised or if there is already a solution
to this then please forgive and just point me in the direction of the
solution.

Cheers.

--
This computer is environment-friendly and is running on OpenSuSE 10.1