[issue217] Ampersand in suse updates filelist.xml

Peter B. West at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Thu Sep 21 02:08:37 PDT 2006

New submission from Peter B. West <peter.west at hp.com>:

This morning (Thu 21 Sept 2006) I tried to perform a 'smart upgrade --update' on
my OpenSuSE 10.1 system. The process crashed with an error indicating an invalid
token in on eof the files.

In
 suse-update%%ftp:__ftp.suse.com_pub_suse_update_10.1_repodata_filelists.xml
I found a file name with an ampersand, which would explain why the parser got upset.

Is there anything I can do to circumvent this?

messages: 725
nosy: peter.west
priority: critical
project: smart
status: unread
title: Ampersand in suse updates filelist.xml