F***in' annoying unavailable keys...

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Sun Sep 3 05:52:25 PDT 2006

On Sep 3, 2006, at 8:48 AM, Richard Hendershot wrote:

> I think his issue is that the key is not available for import.
> I've never had rpm or smart have a problem if the key was properly
> installed.  Should fingerprint contain a key that is not published
> in some public form?

Ah, so pubkey is not available on keyserver.

Either put the pubkey on a server, or export an ASCII armored pubkey
and import the  using "rpm --import".

If the key is plain and simply unavailable anywhere, then try
deleting the signature of the package. rpm-4.4.2 and later
has a --delsign option to remove the signature on a package.

73 de Jeff