F***in' annoying unavailable keys...

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Sun Sep 3 09:32:16 PDT 2006

On Sep 3, 2006, at 12:17 PM, Monkey 9 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Indeed..
> How can I remove half a key?

I'm not sure what you mean by half a key.

	rpm -e gpg-pubkey-12345678

(substituting the fingerprint displayed in the Version: field of "rpm
-qi gpg-pubkey"
for "12345678") should remove the pubkey even if damaged.

If that doesn't "work" then you have a damaged header in the rpmdb,
and there are various ways of removing.

Easiest by far is just ignoring the half key, which won't hurt a
thing unless
the half-imported key has a needed fingerprint.

A dirty hack is to remove all the pubkeys you can, then remove the
/var/lib/rpm/Pubkeys index, and reimport all the pubkeys one by one.

That will leave the half-key as an invisible turd in /var/lib/rpm/
Packages
which won't hurt anything at all because it cannot be retrieved.

Removing an entry in /var/lib/rpm/Packages by instance number
is the better fix, but its easier for me to just do that for you than
trying to explain how to do.

> Or open /var/lib/rpm/Pubkeys, which is biary,to be able to remove the
> halve key?
> Or are there other options to get rid of this problem?
>
> Might be the cause of this problem....(?)

What problem are you seeing with half-a-key? As I said, having
half-a-key is harmless unless the fingerprint happens to collide
with a pubkey that you actualkly need and use.

73 de Jeff