What does the star represent?

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Sun Sep 3 21:10:52 PDT 2006

Keith Roberts wrote:
> Hi Basil. I think it means it's a new package that smart has
> found that is not currently installed on your system, or is
> a new update to a package already installed on your
> system.
>
> Regards
>
> Keith

> http://www.karsites.net
> http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk
>
> This email address is challenge-response protected with
> http://www.tmda.net
>
> On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> To: smart at lists.labix.org
>> From: Basil Chupin <blchupin at tpg.com.au>
>> Subject: What does the star represent?
>>
>> What does the gold star, inside the square against a
>> package, represent? Right-clicking on the box does not
>> show this particular combination.
>>
>> Cheers.

Thanks for the response, Keith. I somehow feel that these are not what
the star represents because I thought the same at the time but couldn't
see the connection.

The strange part is, I just went to check this possible association
again and now find that all the packages which had the gold star against
them have had the star removed! :-) . Not a star in sight. Weird.

Cheers.

--
This computer is environment-friendly and is running on OpenSuSE 10.1