GPG-pubkeys

Monkey 9 monkey9 at iae.nl
Mon Sep 11 09:00:32 PDT 2006

Jeff Johnson schreef:

> On Sep 11, 2006, at 11:45 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> Jeff Johnson wrote:

>>> Which is what I am suggesting as well. ;-)
>>> FYI: checksums are easier to fake than signatures, and so signatures
>>> provide a stronger
>>> integrity check.
>>
>> Ok, understood, but I think the point here, which I am trying to nail,
>> is that from what you just said, and what I understand gpgs to
>> represent, is that gpgs apply to "sites* and not individual packages
>> so that once "you" accept the gpg for a *site* any package which is on
>> that site will be accepted without question by smart as an upgrade.
>>

> The administriation and distribution of public keys tend to be per-site
> yes.
>
> Meanwhile, the use of public keys is per-package signature verification.
>
> 73 de Jeff

As long as the upgrade does not stop, after a so called 'unavailable
key' there is only the problem from the unavailable key.

But, when after not finding the key, everything stops, the downloaded
packages sit, waiting for to be installed...
that is what happens...

It fucked up my os, and i had to reinstall, after which i upgraded to
SuSE 10.1, which does not have this problem at all.

M9.