GPG-pubkeys

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Sep 11 08:28:41 PDT 2006

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:18:57 -0400 Jeff Johnson <n3npq at mac.com> wrote:

> Public keys are a vital part of insuring that a rpm package has not
> been tampered with.
>
> Public key management, new in recent smart, basically
> 	Is it okay to import this public key (Y/n)?
> requires interaction with the end-user for new public keys.
>
> Meanwhile, there are other ways to distribute and install public keys
> that
> do not involve human interaction. E.g. importing the handful of
> public keys
> for the repository uses will avoid the necessity of answering yes
> mindlessly.
>
> 73 de Jeff

Unfortunately, the systems I run 'smart' on have to access the
internet through a proxy.  And the internal 'gpg' calls used by
'smart' do *not* supply the gpg parameter that indicates when a
proxy is being used.  Whenever for me 'smart' tried to import
any public key, the result has *always* been a message saying
that the gpg server could not be accessed.

mikus