GPG-pubkeys

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Mon Sep 11 09:35:27 PDT 2006

On Sep 11, 2006, at 12:30 PM, Christoph Thiel wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Monkey 9 wrote:
>
>> As long as the upgrade does not stop, after a so called 'unavailable
>> key' there is only the problem from the unavailable key.
>>
>> But, when after not finding the key, everything stops, the downloaded
>> packages sit, waiting for to be installed... that is what happens...
>>
>> It fucked up my os, and i had to reinstall, after which i upgraded to
>> SuSE 10.1, which does not have this problem at all.
>
> I agree, we need to improve the gpg key importing at that point. But
> signing a package without putting the gpg key onto a keyserver doesn't
> really sound sane to me :)

Lots of insanity around. ;-)

Meanwhile, you can probably do
	rpm --import SOME_GPG-KEY
in a package %post as a means of importing, and
I also suspect that a package named AAAAAAA*.rpm  with no
other dependencies has a fair to middling chance of being
installed before any other package , LC_COLLATE almost gud enuf.

73 de Jeff