Error Message on updating cache

Andreas Hanke andreas.hanke at gmx-topmail.de
Mon Sep 25 02:07:46 PDT 2006

Gregor Berginc schrieb:
> This seems like a very common problem... On friday I managed to
> overcome it by removing /var/lib/smart directory (move it to /tmp or
> somewhere else). I guess you could also delete /var/lib/smart/cache
> and /var/lib/smart/channels...

The latter is better than the former. ;-)

Deleting the entire /var/lib/smart directory is not necessary, this
would in fact destroy all your personal settings.

Delete /var/lib/smart/cache and /var/lib/smart/channels/* (these files
do not contain any information that cannot be restored by running "smart
update").