Old gpg Problem

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Wed Sep 27 19:00:58 PDT 2006

On Sep 27, 2006, at 9:50 PM, Andreas Hanke wrote:

> Jeff Johnson wrote:
>> kdebase is perhaps the worst and most complicated. Is SuSE still
>> shipping kpackage?
>
> Yes, but in kdeadmin3, not kdebase3, and not installed by default.
> Btw.
> kpackage doesn't use rpm libraries, it runs the rpm binary.
>
> kdebase3 depends on rpm libraries because of krpmview, a kpart that
> displays information equivalent to "rpm -qpi", "rpm -qpl" and "rpm -qp
> --changelog" within the konqueror window.

Thanks for the info.

FYI, I'm actively addressing the net-snmp dependency (which
is due yo a patch I did in 1998 for the HR-MIB in net-snmp).

I will address the krpmview dependency next, basically by dumping
and maintaining tpm -qi content in sync with a rpmdb.

Be forewarned, it will take a year or more for the patches to be
picked up by net-snmp and kdeadmin, and for the rather minor patch
to rpmdb/rpmdb.c to be backported.

Sorry, there's no easy solution for the glibc versioned symbol
dependency ;-)

73 de Jeff