recursive query?

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Thu Apr 5 13:04:29 PDT 2007

Hello Nick,

> How do I query the complete set of dependancies for a package?
>
> I can easily get the direct dependacies;
> smart query --show-requires --show-providedby <packagename>
>
> but I also want the recursive dependancies of the dependancies.
> I can achive this using Mandriva's tools;
> urpmq -d <packagename>
>
> How do I achive something similar using smart?

It's quite easy to do that with code, but I don't think we're
exposing that feature through the UI in any way right now.  Would
be an interesting feature to add in the near term.

Hmm.. you could try to use export relations to prolog with
"smart query --format=prolog --show-all" and then do the query
with prolog, but that's for the brave. ;-)

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net