'encodings' module gone in Python 2.5?

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Fri Apr 13 08:41:18 PDT 2007

 > Gustavo, I should have thought of that.  Apparently Ark's Python 2.5 is
 > more broken down than 2.4 was.  There is an actual python-encodings RPM;
 > I'll try that tonight, on my devel machine.

Separating the 'encodings' module like that is a pretty bad thing
to do, btw.  As you could notice, there are standard Python modules
like gettext and locale that depend on it.  Being able to show
text in different encodings is also a pretty basic feature of
any reasonable software.

If you have any contacts in Ark, it might be interesting to advise
them to improve the situation.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net