[issue349] "soft" channels don't mix with "hard" channels

Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Wed Dec 26 10:14:38 PST 2007

New submission from Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) <mteixeira at webset.net>:

Not sure if this is a bug or expected feature... I am writing a few plugins, and
was working on both of them on the same tree while I discovered the problem.

Plugin (1) add a few channels with the following command:

sysconf.set(("channels", alias), data)

Plugin (2) other adds with:

sysconf.set(("channels", alias), data, soft=True)

If I let both plugins enabled, I can only see channels added by plugin (2). If I
disable plugin (2), then I can see channels set by plugin (1). If I edit plugin
(2) code and remove the "soft" clause, then I can see all the channels set by both.

What could be wrong here?

messages: 1262
nosy: netmask
priority: bug
project: smart
status: unread
title: "soft" channels don't mix with "hard" channels