stepped download set in config - how?

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 21:40:03 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 23:21 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> * Gavin Chester <gavin.chester at gmail.com> [12-20-07 22:40]:
> > How can I add the "stepped" option to smart's config file, for example
> > as I do with maximum active downloads like this:
> > "smart config --set max-active-downloads=x"?
> >
> > I substituted this:
> > "smart config --set stepped", but it didn't like it. Is it wrong syntax?
> > Do I add the "stepped" option to the config file by hand, if so where
> > and how?
>
> from cl:  smart upgrade --stepped

Thanks, I can rtfm ;-) What I want is for it to "stick" as the default
in a config file so that it is the behaviour even when using gui, not
just each time from the cli. That's why I cited the example of
"max-active-downloads" which can be made to "stick" in just this way :-)
Any pointers to any other man page, or such?

Gavin