type rpm-dir repository with for SRPMS

h283 at ied.com h283 at ied.com
Wed Feb 14 02:25:49 PST 2007

Hi. I downloaded some SRPMs and they have an annoyingly big list of
dependencies for a build. I was hoping to use smart (smart 0.51rc1) on
Mandriva 2007 system to setup an rpm-dir repo and so install the build
dependencies automatically, but smart doesn't show var_cache_rpm channel
in the package (tree) view (so I cannot select these SRPMs, so I cannot
automatically install their dependencies). Anything I'm not doing /
doing wrong? (I tried updating the cache several times, but no avail.)

 thanks, J

 Here is my setup:

 # smart channel --show
[var_cache_rpm]
type = rpm-dir
name = var_cache_rpm_name
priority = 2
path = /var/cache/rpm
recursive = yes
# find /var/cache/rpm/ | head -4
 /var/cache/rpm/
/var/cache/rpm/misc
/var/cache/rpm/misc/mythplugins-0.20a-2plf2007.0.src.rpm
/var/cache/rpm/misc/mythtv-0.20-1plf2007.0.src.rpm