[issue288] Feature Request - Source dependency resolving

David Lonie at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Wed Feb 28 11:41:26 PST 2007

New submission from David Lonie <davidlonie at bigfoot.com>:

I've been using smart for sometime, and it is an excellent package manager. Keep
up the good work!

Unfortunately, not every application we want is available as an rpm. We still
must compile from source from time to time, and I believe that if SMART were
able to parse the configure file from a compilation source and install the
required dependencies, it would truly set it apart from other managers. Any
takers? :)

David

messages: 1105
nosy: Mr_Grieves
priority: feature
project: smart
status: unread
title: Feature Request - Source dependency resolving