gustavo at niemeyer.net
Mon Jan 15 17:24:08 PST 2007
Smart 0.50 is out!
I'd like to send special thanks to Eran Tromer and
Mauricio Teixeira for the work done in this release.
Download information is available at http://smartpm.org
MD5SUM: 7595df0259829fff64496f1c359a53cf (check it!)
Some of the changes in this version:
- Changed the transaction algorithm to make Smart able to survive
massive whole-distribution upgrades with good results, and in
acceptable timings, by Eran Tromer.
- Changed the way that priorities are considered by the transaction
mechanism, so that tracking individual packages from arbitrary
repositories is actually much more predictable and manageable,
by Eran Tromer.
- Fixed leak that made packages never get deallocated when
loading from a disk cache.
- New '--dump' option to install/remove/upgrade commands. It outputs
the list of packages for requested transaction.
- Support for ETA during downloads in graphical and text modes,
by Mauricio Teixeira.
- Swedish translation, by Daniel Nylander.
- Traditional Chinese translation, by swyear.
- Spanish translation, by Raúl Moratalla.
- Several bugs fixed.
- More tests.
More information about the Smart