smart patch

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Tue Jul 31 11:21:43 PDT 2007

Hello Peter,

I was on holiday last week, that's why I didn't get to your mail
earlier.  Apologies.

> Attached please find a patch that does the following:
> - add a "checksig" configuration option which is True by default, and
> when set to False, rpm transaction does not check signatures.

Should this really be supported in Smart, considering that the option
may be setup in rpm itself?

> - fix repackaging. Apparently I am not the only one that was missing it,
> there are people in the mailing list archives looking for it too.

Nice!  I'll try to get that integrated in Smart for the next release.

It'd be good to have some tests for that, but I recognize that it may
be a bit tricky to test this interaction with rpm.

> Let me also thank you for creating an application like this. I use it on
(...)

I'm happy to see that it's being useful for you.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net