The Super RPM?

Rainer M. Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Tue Jul 31 02:56:00 PDT 2007

Hamish Robertson wrote:
> Geeze that was quick! nope that's not the one. It's still an internet
> based thing. I can't copy it to a usb stick and install the program
> somewhere else. Thanks for the heads up though.

That's right. But wouldn't it be possible to change either provide a
local repository for the dependancies or, install it and repack it into
an archive? The user just has to untar it and it shouold work. This
would be much easier then rpms, as it would not require root privileges
(and if it breaks, the system will still work!)

Rainer

--
NEW EMAIL ADDRESS AND ADDRESS:

Rainer.Krug at uct.ac.za

RKrug at sun.ac.za WILL BE DISCONTINUED END OF MARCH

Rainer M. Krug, Dipl. Phys. (Germany), MSc Conservation
Biology (UCT)

Plant Conservation Unit
Department of Botany
University of Cape Town