Using Smart to install packages from file

Kevin Erickson kevin.erickson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 20:51:44 PDT 2007

Hello,

Does the following command actually work in smart:
smart install ./somepackage.file

I keep getting the following error message:
"error: Unable to create cannel for file: ./somepackage.file"

If the package install from file does work, then how is the package names
supposed to be entered in the file?
I have tried both newline delimited and space delimited and both return the
error above.
Example:

pkgname1
pkgname2

and

pkgname1 pkgname2

Any help in getting this to work will be greatly appreciated.

Also what is the maximum number of pkgname arguments that can be listed in
the file?  I am wanting to install over 800 packages.

Thank you,

--
Kevin Erickson
4B6576696E20457269636B736F6E