smart returns "unknown error" on fresh install in Fedora 7

Claude Jones claudejones at tehogeeservices.com
Mon Jun 4 21:14:04 PDT 2007

On Mon June 4 2007, Richard Hendershot wrote:
>  I have the same problem on our two computers.  Both are upgrades not fresh
> installs.  One is i386 and the other x86_64.
>
>  Something in the way it's using console-helper.
>
>  I'm able to run from a command-line
>
>  su -
>  smart --gui

Fixed it: I went into the KMenu editor and changed the command
from "smart-root --gui" to "smart --gui"
Then I ticked the box that allowed you to run as different user and
entered "root" in the field

That did it. It's working fine now - thanks for the idea, even if you didn't
realize you gave it to me ;-)

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA