SuSE - problems with xulrunner181

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Tue Jun 5 19:40:03 PDT 2007

On Jun 5, 2007, at 10:29 PM, Peter B. West wrote:

> I seem to have a permanent problem with mozilla-xulrunner181. It
> consistently reports as requiring update, downloads, and fails to
> upgrade with
>
> Output from mozilla-xulrunner181-1.8.1.4-4.1 at i586:
> error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.8.1:
> cpio: rename failed - Resource temporarily unavailable
>

> Is xulrunner being used by something other than Firefox and
> Thunderbird?

Likely xulrunner is active while you are trying to upgrade. The fault
case is EBUSY return from rename(2), details with "man 2 rename".

Try stopping xulrunner before attempting upgrade with smart

The EBUSY can likely can be handled better by rpmlib if you want
to file a bug report in CVSTrac at rpm5.org.

73 de Jeff