Smart doesn't find any installed packages

Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) netmask at webset.net
Fri Mar 23 21:26:40 PDT 2007

Em Ter, 2007-03-20 às 19:33 +0000, Pascal escreveu:

>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/control.py", line 345,
> in reloadChannels progress.setTopic(_("Fetching information for
> '%s'...") % UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in
> position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

I'm pretty sure you have some weird character in one of your channels
descriptions. Maybe some accentuated char.

Try editing your channels file with "smart channels --edit", and change
it.

Ps.: The UnicodeDecodeError is known, and should be fixed some time in
the future.

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) | Sao Paulo/SP/BR      %
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net    | http://smartpm.org   %

NOTE: This is my personal e-mail account. I do NOT use
it to speak for my employer or any of my co-workers.