An oversight that needs attention, please

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Fri Mar 30 11:28:44 PDT 2007

Hi Basil,

> It appears that smart has been written with a normal 4:3 monitor
> screen in mind and a widescreen monitor, with a 16:10 ratio, is not
> catered for.

The problem you describe isn't reflecting a screen ratio issue, but
non-careful UI design, and it's my fault.  I always knew that it'd
be bad if a very long error was raised, since you can't scroll the
error text, but never had the time/atitude of fixing it.

The proper way to fix it is to simply put the error text inside
a scrollable widget.  We'll get there.  Meanwhile, sorry for the
incovenience.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net