SPM / Python interpreter help

Mauricio Teixeira mteixeira at webset.net
Thu Nov 1 02:43:10 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 16:46 -0700, Lilli wrote:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/smart", line 27, in <module>
>     from smart import init, initDistro, initPlugins, initPsyco
> ImportError: No module named smart

This only happens if Smart has not been correctly installed.

You should have /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart, and a lot of
files inside it. If it's not there, something went wrong when you did
"make install", or it copied the files somewhere else.

> much quicker and easier.  Is there anything like this for RPM packages?
> Or, at the very least, is there a deterministic way to map Debian
> Packages with RPM packages?

I'm not the right person to say anything about it. :)

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) | Sao Paulo/SP/BR      %
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net    | http://smartpm.org   %

NOTE: This is my personal e-mail account. I do NOT use
it to speak for my employer or any of my co-workers.