Tests are required for commits

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Sun Nov 25 10:08:42 PST 2007

Mauricio,

I've noticed that we've had three commits in trunk without
any tests associated.

>From now on, this is a hard requirement:  please do not commit
anything to the repository without 100% test coverage on the
performed changes.  When possible, please also try to increase
the test coverage of the surrounding code.

Nowadays I recognize that it was mistake to have coded Smart
mostly without tests, and I want to fix it.

Notice that this isn't a hard requirement for providing *patches*.
Of course, we'll appreciate a lot well tested patches, but we'll
also ensure to provide proper testing for good patches that are
submitted.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net