How to best handle three offices with three different sets of repositories and different proxies?

Rainer M Krug rainer.linux at krugs.de
Wed Nov 28 23:02:29 PST 2007

Hi

I am working at two different offices in which I have to use different
proxy settings and different repositories.
Up to now, I just changed the proxy settinges in the config file with a
batch file and started smart as usual, but this does not work for the
different repositories. I thought that I could use differfent config
files and then by using the --config-file option select the appropriate
config file. But I guess, that the repository addresses are not stored
in the config file - what is the best way of handling this situation?
Define all repositories and then just enabling the ones relevant to the
sit I am at (and would that be stored in the config file?)? Or do I have
to use different config directories? The repositories are the same -
they are just different mirrors. Could I use the mirror optionthen?

Any ideas welcome,

Rainer