[issue339] Download progress not showing

Mikus Grinbergs at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Mon Nov 5 15:21:27 PST 2007

Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> added the comment:

Using 'smart upgrade' from the command line, the display pauses where I expected
the progress of the download of the individual package would be shown.  Instead,
the entire line of hashes gets drawn at once.  The same process is followed for
the next package to be downloaded.  Result -- the principal way I can tell that
a download is proceeding is by looking at the lights on my router.

Same thing happens with applying an upgrade in 'smart --gui'.  The colored
progress bar does not increment - it gets drawn once at "full size".  The byte
count and speed values alongside the colored progress bar are also drawn only
once, and show inappropriate (small) numbers.

python is 2.5.1-39

status: unread -> chatting