How ignoring install errors?

Rolf Niepraschk Rolf.Niepraschk at gmx.de
Mon Oct 1 12:09:39 PDT 2007

Hello,

I want do a new installation of openSUSE in the following way:

o Create a list of installed packages in openSUSE 10.2

smart query --installed | grep '@' | sed -r -e 's/-[^-]+-[^-]+ at .+//g' \
  > installed.txt

o New installation of a base openSUSE 10.3 system

o update of the channel list to the new "10.3" channels

o Installation of the missing packages:

smart install --yes `cat installed.txt`

Unfortunately it doesn't work because

  * Not all channels are yet ready for "10.3".
  * Some packages are not related to any channels (installed via
      "smart install http://..../package.rpm")
  * ...

"smart" exits at the first package which can't be find in any channel.
What I need is a way to ignore such "install errors". What can I do?
Many thanks in advance.

...Rolf