[issue335] URL repositories addresses are wrongly interpreted by smart when it's included ":"

VM at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Fri Oct 26 05:05:59 PDT 2007

New submission from VM <vms367 at hotmail.com>:

Hello,
I'm using smart package manager, which I think it's one of the best ones (the
solve all dependencies problems in installed software it seems me a very good
idea), but I've found a problem when adding new channels of repositories. . then
smart does not find them.

When Editing channels, as example adding kde-community repository, by
introducing the base URL:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Community/openSUSE_10.3/
then, when clicking to update channels button, it triggers an error message, as
follows (in Spanish):
"Falló la adquisición de información para 'Community repository for KDE':
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE%3A/Community/openSUSE_10.3/media.1/media:
Not Found"

That's to say the ":" on the URL is interpreted by smart as "%3A".

I think this is the problem for smart not finding the added channels.

Regards,
Victor Marin

messages: 1210
nosy: victor367
priority: bug
project: smart
status: unread
title: URL repositories addresses are wrongly interpreted by smart when it's included ":"