Still the same error

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Tue Oct 9 11:22:51 PDT 2007

2007/10/9, Patryk Zawadzki <patrys at pld-linux.org>:
> 2007/10/9, Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo at niemeyer.net>:
> > > Also when running update:
> > >
> > > -> ftp://ftp.th.pld-linux.org/dists/th/test/i686/RPMS/repodata/filelists.xml.gz
> > > *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python: double free or corruption
> > > (!prev): 0x08813fe0 ***
> > Can you get a gdb traceback out of it?  Without that it's pretty hard
> > to tell anything about this error.  It could be pretty much anything.
>
> It's pretty hard as gdb tracing smart just shows me "executing
> compiled python code" all over the stack. No idea, what code it is
> executing. Any hints how to get a usable stack trace?
>
> [patrys at meaw SPECS]$ rpm -q python smart
> python-2.5.1-4.i686
> smart-0.52-0.2.i686

Some more background:

The spec file is
http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/SPECS/smart.spec?rev=HEAD

As you can see, there are several patches included:

http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/SOURCES/smart-syslibs.patch?rev=HEAD
chages the installation path to one more FHS- and multiarch-compliant

http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/SOURCES/smart-pyc.patch?rev=HEAD
removes the requirement of packaging .py files into the binary rpm

http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/SOURCES/smart-archscore.patch?rev=HEAD
removes archscore checking as PLD does not ship rpmrc as obsoleted by rpm

http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/SOURCES/smart-am110.patch?rev=HEAD
allows building against recent automake

http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/SOURCES/smart-missingok.patch?rev=HEAD
removes "OPTIONAL" which appears in our repos to mark Suggested
dependencies (for example flags="OPTIONAL,LT" instead of format="LT"
in repo metadata)

--
Patryk Zawadzki
Generated Content