Still the same error

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Wed Oct 10 08:00:21 PDT 2007

Hi Patryk,

> It seems to only kick in when curl is reused for multiple downloads
> (clean download with no local cache for 2-3 repos at once).

I've made additional experimentations and was able to crash pycurl
a few times myself (version 0.17.4-1 from Ubuntu).  Can you please
try the attached patch.  It seems to help for me. (it also cleans
up a little bit the fetcher)

Notice the line tagged with XXX, and try to experiment with
enabling and disabling it.  It really shouldn't make a difference
if we look at the documentation, but PyCurl seems to have some
kind of internal state corruption.

Enabling and disabling the reuse of inactive handlers also helps
with the problem, which is also weird.  Smart seems to be using the
same pattern provided in PyCurl examples.

Please let me know if it works for you.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net