forcing

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sun Sep 9 07:05:37 PDT 2007

> So far I have only had to force one or two rpm updates

Could someone please remind me how to do a "force" in _smart_ on
specific updates.  [This is where SuSE YaST, with its "ignore this
conflict for this occasion" button, is much more user-friendly.]

Currently, when smart reports a file conflict from a proposed
update, I exit smart and manually get rid of the conflicting
package, then manually install the new one.  It would be much
simpler if I could just "force" a __specific__ update with smart.

mikus