Development and pending features

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sun Aug 10 11:38:41 PDT 2008

Grant McWilliams wrote:

>> Thought I'd try to summarize what the bugs and branches have
>> listed over there.
>> So here goes what I think would be some nice features for future
>> Smart versions:

> Thanks, is supporting GPG signed packages anywhere in the roadmap?
> The push at work is going to make this critical for us at some point.

Yes, both signed packages (where available) and signed metadata is on
the roadmap,
as far as being listed as bugs in the "Wishlist" category with
patches available:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/245647 (rpm)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/250941 (rpm-md)

These two should probably go into a branch against trunk, for
merging / review.
And most likely it could use some feature to import missing GPG keys,
as well ?