rpm-md file dependencies not resolved?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Dec 22 02:23:57 PST 2008

Axel Thimm wrote:

>> As far as I can tell the apt-rpm repos do not include filelists ?
>> So the info would not be available unless the package is installed.
>
> The package in the apt-rpm repo is the one with the Requires, while
> the packages offering the files are in rpm-md channels.
>
> Also there was an optional "bloat" option for creating apt-rpm repos
> that would include the filelists. Apt would then properly resole the
> file dependencies.

Thanks for clearing that up, looks like a bug in the apt-rpm parser
then that is not flagging the file Requires properly (so that the
rest of the channels know to look for packages Providing them...)

And "genbasedir --bloat --bz2only" does sound vaguely familiar,
but it doesn't seem that it was used for smart/tests/data/aptrpm
Either way, it needs a proper test case to isolate the bug (fix)