rpm-md file dependencies not resolved?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Dec 27 01:32:51 PST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 09:26:00AM +0100, Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
>
>> The gloray details is that the depending package is not in an rpm-md
>> repo, but and apt one. Could this be the problem?
>
> As far as I can tell the apt-rpm repos do not include filelists ?
> So the info would not be available unless the package is installed.

OK, regardless of the apt-rpm issue, I migrated all bits of the build
system to using rpm-md only repos (and one rpm-sys). And I still got
this issue :(

For example I have a package with a Requires: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules
and smart should have found out that this is in the package
xorg-x11-server-Xorg (in later Fedoras, the reason there is a file vs
a package dependeny is for being compatible among distros that renamed
the package in question).

I checked that the filelists.xml.gz really refers to the directory in
question:

<package pkgid="b8544aff5d4a7170d9b2ec209ce528e3e66a7bf4"
name="xorg-x11-server-Xorg" arch="x86_64">
    <file type="dir">/usr/lib64/xorg/modules</file>

Maybe smart canot cope with directory dependencies as opposed to file
dependencies?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net