Weird downloading problem

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Fri Feb 15 21:49:30 PST 2008

On Feb 16, 2008 5:21 AM, Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo at niemeyer.net> wrote:
> Hey Patryk,
> > Any idea what is the root cause of this?
> >
> > Failed to download packages:
> >     ftp://ftp.th.pld-linux.org/dists/th/test/i686/RPMS/exim-4.69-2.i686.rpm:
> > Unexpected size (expected 1652537, got 1652697)
> >     ftp://ftp.th.pld-linux.org/dists/th/test/i686/RPMS/elinks-0.11.3-5.i686.rpm:
> > Unexpected size (expected 798065, got 798225)
> >
> > Both files are fine and work on when downloaded by poldek or wget or
> > even rpm itself.
>
> This usually means that the metadata got out of date with the package
> files themselves, and happens while the repository is updated.  Can you
> please try to update again, and if it continues to happen, compare the
> metadata provided in the information files to the real files?

I highly doubt that the files could be changed while keeping the same
name. We are talking about real repos here. The only thing that could
happen would be signing them with GPG keys. Can't smart just continue
with a warning instead of dying? If the file is bad, rpm will
complain.

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution