Weird downloading problem

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Mon Feb 18 09:27:19 PST 2008

> I highly doubt that the files could be changed while keeping the same
> name. We are talking about real repos here. The only thing that could
> happen would be signing them with GPG keys. Can't smart just continue
> with a warning instead of dying? If the file is bad, rpm will
> complain.

The point here is that the file *is* bad.  Either of them, anyway.
Smart got told in one of the metadata files about the correct MD5,
and when checking the file it downloaded they don't match.  This
is a pretty basic check, and is unlikely to be wrong at this point
(in the sense that it's been tested a lot and not changed recently).

I'm interested in checking out with you the causes of the failure,
if the situation is still happening.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net