Smart on Mandriva

Steve Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Sat Jul 26 17:30:34 PDT 2008

Hi,
    I am currently using Smart 0.52 on Mandriva. Is anyone able to tell
me what backend Smart uses, is it rpm or urpmi, or does Smart update the
package database itself. One of the issues I have at the moment is that
the info I am getting from the Cooker Mailing List is that I should not
be using Smart, because it is believed to be just a front end to urpmi
and there has be considerable development effort or urpmi, and it is
believed that Smart is not supported on Mandriva anyway. Can anyone shed
some light on these situations?

regards,
Steve