Smart on Mandriva

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Sun Jul 27 06:38:36 PDT 2008

> Thanks Gustavo, this explains things nicely. The issue I have now is, if I
> want to upgrade the version of Smart, how do I get an rpm that has been
> tailored to the Mandriva environment as the occasional updates in the
> Mandriva repositories are.

That's a good question.  As far as I know, there isn't a lot of tailoring to be
done for Mandriva.  So you might even chose to just get the tarball and
build the rpm yourself (setup.py bdist_rpm should give you a usable rpm).

Otherwise, is there anyone else in the list building updated RPM packages
specifically for Mandriva?

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net