Confirm package before install

Grant McWilliams grantmasterflash at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 02:18:41 PDT 2008

> So there is no straightforward translation for the "gpgcheck" and "gpgkey"
> Yum options...
>
> e.g.
> [base]
> name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
> mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=
> $basearch&repo=os
> #baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
>
> You can still install the key with RPM, but I guess it would make a nice
> feature to have.
> Should be a patch for it available ? http://tracker.labix.org/issue96 (and
> issue97 too)
>
> --anders

Yes definitely needed. Obviously I've been lax in forcing gpg keys on my
rpms because I didn't notice that it wasn't checking *blush*.
In this day and age we need to sign everything. I do think it should be in a
new line near channel= when you do smart channel show or
smart channel add < file.txt. Sometimes I envy Yum and APT for actually
having config files. Setting options from the cli gets messy (although
I still want the option).

Grant